Tips to Make Your Rooftop Rock
Enhancing the marketability of your high-rise property requires starting at the top – the rooftop, that is. By leveraging this space to offer creative and imaginative amenities, you’ll not only increase property values, but you’ll also provide a gathering place for residents to relax and connect. Great rooftop spaces also have a way of infusing more resort style living into your high-rise.
“Most people who live in urban environments have a favorite rooftop lounge or hotspot,” said Marc Kotler, Senior Vice President of FirstService Residential New York, and a specialist in developer consulting and the management of new and young properties. “Savvy management companies are now taking a cue from those great spaces and creating similar experiences on their own rooftops.”
So while there’s a whole world of ways to enhance your amenities property-wide (we’ve covered some of them here), here are some ideas to elevate your rooftop.
- Grilling stations. It’s just not summer without a cookout. Unfortunately, high-rise dwellers don’t often get the chance to savor the season with some home-cooked barbecue.
- Gardens. Whether it’s open rows or an enclosed greenhouse, resident rooftop gardens are a great way to grow fresh food and enjoy the meditative qualities of growing vegetables – right in the heart of the city.
- Fire pit lounges. A fire pit is a great way to lengthen the rooftop lounging season. Nothing’s better than a crisp evening under the stars – taking in a dramatic city view through the flickering flames of a fire.
- Restaurant or bar. Turn your rooftop into a scene all its own with an innovative restaurant or bar concept. If you’re lucky to have panoramic views, everything you serve will come with a side of wow.
- Pool. Either indoor or outdoor, a rooftop pool is guaranteed to make a splash with residents. Luxurious options like saltwater pools or infinity pools can really set your rooftop apart and increase the marketability of your property.
- Fitness center. Enjoy your workout from a different perspective. Whether it’s cardio, lifting, yoga or Pilates, a rooftop fitness area makes any workout anything but routine.
- Fun for kids. Creating your own minipark – complete with playset – on your rooftop provides a fun space for kids and their parents.
- Pet-friendly perks. Your rooftop can go to the dogs (in a good way) by leveraging this space for places to run, walk and play for residents’ four-legged friends. A pet spa is also an option for anyone with a posh pooch.
- Cabanas. Have it made in the shade with artful, comfortable cabanas and lounge chairs.
- Meditation garden. Create an island of tranquility in the heart of the city with a beautiful koi pond, comfortable seating and lush landscaping.
- Combo it up. For the ultimate rooftop hotspot, consider mixing it up with a combination of any of these concepts.
Now that you’ve found out some cool ways to maximize your rooftop, get some additional tips and tricks to enhance other areas within your high-rise. Fill out the form to download our handy infographic, and to learn more about how a professional property management company can enhance your property values.