Seven Trends for Amenities in 2015
2014 was a year of change for a lot of associations. And in many ways, 2015 promises to be no different – especially when it comes to the types of amenities that will be offered by communities.
It’s important to stay up on these trends so you can make sure you’re offering your residents the kind of lifestyle that reflects the wants and desires of your membership and enhances your property values. To help, here’s a look at the upcoming amenity trends for 2015.
1. Let’s start at the top, the rooftop.Who doesn’t have a favorite rooftop lounge for sunbathing, or watching the sunset, while sipping a great drink and tasting fine food? Now high-rise developments are featuring a rooftop lounge with everything from landscaped terraces and cabanas to fire pits and grilling stations. You can now vacation on your roof.
2. Playrooms for all ages.They’re not just for toddlers any more. Yes, child playrooms have increased programming to include interactive games on iPads and computers and have brought in outside storytellers for book readings. But now there are rooms for older children that feature the latest in online gaming and arcade games. No small children allowed and suggest the adults get permission from their young adults before entering.
3. What about my pets?How about an on-site pet spa? Services include grooming, dog walking, pet play groups, healthy diet programs and every type of squeaky toy any pet would love.
4. Health clubs on steroids?It’s no longer enough to have great exercise equipment and personal trainers. Today the health club expands to programmed yoga, dance and spin classes. Pilates? Sure. Hit some balls in the golf simulator or throw a strike down the bowling alley. Want to shoot some hoops or play volleyball on the basketball court? Yes, that too.
5. Lobbies as central community spaces.Not just an entrance, lobbies have become part of the community’s social life. The “living lobby” has arrived with cafes, coffee bars, tea rooms, reading rooms and maybe even a bike repair shop. Need some tech support? Many high-rises offer a concierge to get the services you need.
6. Programmed entertainment.Having great amenities in your community is expected but what distinguishes the top level ones is lifestyle programming. Seasonal lounge parties, wine tastings, and guest authors are just the beginning. Need help setting up that dinner party or birthday celebration? Need last minute tickets or dinner reservations? . Many luxury high-rises will provide the inside services to deliver on every dream.
7. Service.In 2015, residents will continue to value service above all else. That means cultivating a spirit of excellence among all of your staff and your concierge team. Just remember: resort-style living means resort-style service, too, so communities will continue to look at philosophies pioneered by the hospitality industry to model their own services after.
Adaptability. Creativity. Efficiency. It all comes together in the amenity trends of the upcoming year. For more insight on what’s next, contact FirstService Residential.