Did You Know? Water Damage
Did you know that most units have up to ten or more water connections, including the washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator/ice maker, bathtub, shower, sprinkler heads, hot water tank, faucets and more? Each of these connections has the potential to leak. If your unit is found to be the source of a leak that causes water damage, you may be held responsible. Fast action is imperative once a leak occurs in order to prevent damage!
• Know the location of your in-suite water shut-offs and turn off the water supply if you discover a leak
• Use a water monitoring system or contract with a monitoring service
• Winterize hose bibs as needed
• Replace rubber appliance supply hoses with steel braided hoses
• Avoid hanging items from sprinkler heads
• Seal tile grout
DISCLAIMER: All information provided by FS Insurance Brokers is advisory in nature. Any such information may not identify or contemplate all unsafe conditions; others may exist. FS Insurance Brokers does not imply, guarantee or warrant the safety of any of the client’s properties or operations or that the client or any such properties or operations are in compliance with all federal, provincial, or local laws, codes, statutes, ordinances, standards or recommendations. All decisions in connection with the implementation, if any, of any of FS Insurance Brokers’ advice or recommendations shall be the sole responsibility of, and made by, the client or other recipient of the information.