Did You Know? Washing Machines
Your washing machine has a supply hose that allows water to enter into your washer. However, when this supply hose malfunctions, Did You Know this is responsible for one of the most common water damage claim filed by homeowners. The rate at which water is discharged can be up to 500 gallons per hour. This is not only harmful to your home, but to other homes around you.
We recommend to keep a careful eye on any small leaks when washing your clothes, as this could lead to a harsher malfunction.
Need some more tips to prevent this from happening? We’ve got you covered!
- Steel is the way to go! Use supply hoses made from this material.
- Always know where your in-suite water shut off is located.
- Have a water leak detection system in place
- The sweet spot is three to four inches between the hose connection and the wall
- Ensure you replace your hose every three to five years depending on its usage
- Be insured so that you are protected from heavy costs and replacements in the event of an accident
DISCLAIMER: All information provided by FS Insurance Brokers is advisory in nature. Any such information may not identify or contemplate all unsafe conditions; others may exist. FS Insurance Brokers does not imply, guarantee or warrant the safety of any of the client’s properties or operations or that the client or any such properties or operations are in compliance with all federal, provincial, or local laws, codes, statutes, ordinances, standards or recommendations.All decisions in connection with the implementation, if any, of any of FS Insurance Brokers’ advice or recommendations shall be the sole responsibility of, and made by, the client or other recipient of the information.