Manager, AR Client Accounting | Vancouver, BC
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Minimum 8.30 - 4.30 hours per week
- FLSA Status
- Job Location
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Reporting to the VP Finance for FirstService Residential BC., the Manager – Client Accounting is a motivated, proactive and results oriented individual who will lead a team of Property Accountants with a change management agenda. The role will collaborate with teams to develop and implement best practice policies and procedures to meet set objectives. The person will possess sound business judgment, an understanding of business processes, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The key responsibilities will focus on Process Management, Operations versus Financial Analysis.
The candidate must possess a high degree of accountability, sense of urgency, commitment and ownership. The Manager working closely with the Controller – Operations will prioritize tasks to set action plans to achieve process improvements. This individual will recommend processes and systems to maximize effectiveness.
This position will assist the oversight the Client Accounting department, ensure the accuracy of monthly financials, oversee department processes and procedures, problem resolution, special projects, and analyses.
Client Financial Reporting & General Ledger Accounting
- Ensure monthly financials statements are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform detailed reviews of client financial statements, identify potential errors, review budget variances, cash analysis
- Troubleshoot accounting or reporting issues
- Manages the assignment of client portfolios
- Develops and manages systems and processes that ensure client financial statements are produced and distributed in accordance with regulatory requirements and agency agreements
- Be open to process and direct change by evaluating opportunities for continuous improvement
- Nurture and develop a team by working closely with Strata managers to ensure timely and accurate preparation of client financial information and reports
- Work with and listen to client’s changing needs, monitor client satisfaction, follow up on client inquires and requests
- Lead and support on boarding of new clients and provide excellent client service to support client retention
- Coordinates the set-up of new and transition buildings and the wind-up of buildings transferring to other management companies
- Ensure adequate systems, sound internal controls and resources required for achieving the company’s goals and objectives
- Build a team culture rooted in trust, respect and collaboration
- Serves as a knowledge expert with other departments and with associates
- Acts as a resource for council members, strata managers and other stakeholders by:
- Responding to routine inquiries
- Onboarding new council members
- Assisting council members and strata managers with budgeting
- Ensures adherence to Federal and Provincial rules and regulations. This includes registering Business Numbers (BN) and opening GST accounts for new strata corporations
- Coordinates and review tax returns (T2/T0144 ) preparation and filing
- For buildings transferring to other management companies, ensures adequate operating funds are retained and verifies funds to be transferred
- Prepares annual trust audit documents and coordinates audits as required on behalf of clients
Special Projects and Programs:
- Assess business processes identifying areas for improvement and implementing best practices
- Assist with the maintenance and development of new client programs as required
- Enhances the credibility of the Client Accounting department by promoting a culture of cooperation, trust, support and client service
- Manages a team of Strata Property Accountants, including recruiting, onboarding, coaching, training and evaluating performance
- Possess strong conflict management skills and comfortable having tough conversations
- Able to multi-task, manage time and handle complex issues in a fast-paced dynamic environment by being positive, flexible and open-minded
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- General Ledger experience
- Excellent time management
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical with the ability to investigate and problem solve
- Strong understanding of balance sheets, income statements, general ledgers, chart of accounts, journal entries
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate in a variety of communication settings and style
The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree and accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) together with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial role.
To apply, send both cover letter and resume stating why you are interested in applying for this role. Please include salary expectations. Applicants without managerial experience will not be considered. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please continue to visit our career postings for future opportunities.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.