A community outside of Rockwall was experiencing issues with stray animals.
Due to its rural location, animal control was not local to the region and the community was left to find a solution.
FirstService Residential worked with the developer and surveyed the residents. The community, a very active rescue pet community, overwhelmingly requested a dog park.
- A state-of-the-art dog park with fountains, trails and exercise hoops was built in October 2016.
- Each dog (or other furry friend) has a tag with serial numbers that gets registered.
- Homeowners must register their pet and their contact information to access the dog park.
- Technology solutions include pet profiles on FirstService Residential Connect as well as a HomeAgain microchip detector.
- If pets are found loose in the neighboorhood, pet owners are located with a profile search or the HomeAgain detector.
- In order to manage the pet initiatives, the community also rolled out PAW, a committee run by homeowners.
The community's unique need for consistent pet management required a customized solution that took into consideration the resident's desire to make the neighborhood a high-quality experience for pet owners.
- The community now has 1,225 dogs and 5 cats registered.
- The beautiful 2-acre dog park has made this developing community attractive for buyers with pets.
- Providing a place for pets and owners to mingle has increased community involvement and volunteerism, with events ranging from Furry 5K runs, low-cost vaccination clinics and Yappy Hour breakfast socials, to annual Howloween costume contests and pet photos with Santa.
“We recognized a problem and went above and beyond to provide a long-term solution.
Our team is all about problem solving.”
Mallorie Barr, general manager
The Board Testimonials
“We have witnessed many dogs (and neighbors) become better socialized.
Our onsite management team has . . . kept our community a wonderful place to live.
Between the pet database, prompt attention to work orders, clear communications and
maintaining compliance, we are lucky to have Mallorie and her team on our side.
-Pete and Aprille, PAW committee co-chairs
Contact us to talk about how FirstService Residential Texas can help your community find unique solutions.