EV Charging Event Top Takeaways
Fill Out The Form!
Were you unable to join us at the recent High-Rise FirstTalk event on EV Charging? Read on for the top takeaways from the board member discussion and get the contact information of our industry subject matter experts!
1. EV Charging makes your high rise more marketable. Almost 32% of Tesla drivers select a home based on availability of EV charging.
2. Over 50% of potential buyers would not purchase a home if they were unable to charge in the building.
3. Completing an engineering study to determine the capacity of your building and analyzing any structures is imperative.
4. About 80% of EV charging is done at home. Right to charge laws allow condominium owners the ability to install chargers in assigned parking spots.
5. You can recoup costs of installation by developing a community EV charging policy.
6. Charging needs to be reliable and taking turns charging overnight is not always practical, so the operational strategy may change in your building based on demand.
BENEFITS OF ADDING EV CHARGING STATIONS
1. It could provide a solution for existing residents.
2. It helps increase property values.
3. It differentiates your community.
4. It helps your community keep up with emerging laws and trends.
BENEFITS OF OPTIMIZING EV CHARGING PLATFORMS
1. It can illuminate previously unknown risks.
2. It positions your builidng for future demand.
3. It finds potential cost and energy savings.
4. It helps your residents experience little to no disruption of service.
CONNECT WITH OUR SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS
If you have specific questions about EV Charging, please feel free to contact us or reach out to our partners:
Kristopher Stefani, commercial sales manager, Smart Charge America
Brian Brackensick, electrical engineer, Dreiym Engineering
Craig Malone, assistant director of facilities management, FirstService Residential
Karla Chung, vice president, FirstService Financial
For more great electric car information, read our article "Electric Cars in Your Community: Is it Fad or Future?"