Does Your Association Have A Plan For Fostering A Sense Of Community?
Download Your Community White Paper
Typically, a community consists of a group of individuals sharing common characteristics or goals, linked by a common policy. In the case of your association, members share a set of core values and goals, either written or unwritten, which help define the community you live in.
Some of the things your board can do to build a greater sense of community are:
- Running your association effectively by holding productive meetings and having an in-depth knowledge of your governing documents
- Maintaining transparency with open communication and providing a platform for residents to voice their concerns
- Creating neighbor-to-neighbor interactions through events and lifestyle programs
- Encouraging volunteerism, including involvement on the board and on committees
- Fostering community pride through the experiences you create for residents and the reputation you develop with prospective residents
- Inspiring residents to participate in the larger community by informing them of local happenings and nearby community features, such as transit, parks and schools
What is your board's plan for building a greater sense of community for your association?