Shaping Successful Board Culture in Your Condo Community
One of the greatest challenges your board and community will face is reconciling the thoughts, ideas, and perceptions of each individual Director and the owners into a single management plan supported by all. Successful boards understand the roles and responsibilities of their members and work together to shape board culture that will benefit their condo community.
Here are some ways to develop successful board culture for your condo corporation:
- Shape corporation objectives to reward the community
- Mutual respect and courtesy for board members, homeowners and tenants
- Work in a climate of trust, candor and willingness to openly share with each other
- Give uniform direction as a board to those implementing policy – “speaking with one voice”
- Implement policy-driven governance
By working together as a board, you can maximize the potential of your corporation and build a community that makes everybody proud.