With Great Power Comes Great Opportunity

Posted on Wednesday December 07, 2016

An electrical fire at The Strand – a 300-unit, 43-story condominium in midtown Manhattan – resulted in the tragic death of a resident and his dogs. So intense was the blaze, it took firefighters nearly two hours to extinguish the flames.
Extensive water and smoke damage ensued, impacting dozens of apartments and spanning numerous common areas. In addition, scorched portions of the building’s exterior had to be cleaned, repaired or replaced. It took two years to sort out the building’s multi-million dollar insurance claims.
“Our management company, FirstService Residential, and our staff worked like the devil to bring this place back – for however long it took,” said Bill Ragals, Board President of The Strand, a FirstService Residential client for more than a decade. “Thanks to them, we’re back to being the premier building we were before the fire.”
Click here to read the article.

Are you a condo or co-op board member in New York City? Sign up to receive invitations to educational events and other useful insights from FirstService Residential.

Are you a Board Member?*:

Get the Latest News and Resources

Receive valuable insights and informative resources for your community! Sign up below.