Does Your Board Need Cyber Liability Insurance to Reduce Your Association’s Risk?
Have your board and management company taken steps to protect the personal information of your unit owners and residents from falling into the wrong hands? Even if you have taken precautions, you can still be hacked or otherwise compromised.
A cyber liability insurance policy is essential in the protection of your association in the event of a breach. If personal information is disclosed or identities are stolen, your common general liability, Directors and Officers liability and your managing agent’s insurance WILL NOT fully cover claims. But cyber liability insurance will.
Learn answers to questions such as:
- Does your board or property management company need cyber liability insurance?
- What do you have to lose?
- What do associations have that criminals want?
- Who is liable in the event of a cyberattack and theft of personal data?
- What does a good security program look like?
- What will happen to a board or management company that is found liable?