Did you know that malfunctioning supply hoses for your washing machine can result in some of the most common water damage claims filed by homeowners? Water can discharge at a rate of up to 500 gallons per hour, causing devastating losses to your home and any adjacent units.
Tips for preventing washing machine related losses:
• Use steel-braided supply hoses and inspect them often for damage
• Know the location of your in-suite water shut off
• Use a water leak detection system
• Allow three to four inches between the hose connection and the wall
• Replace hoses every three to five years or sooner based on usage
• Maintain insurance to protect yourself and your contents
DISCLAIMER: All information provided by FS Insurance Brokers is advisory in nature. Any such information may not identify or contemplate all unsafe conditions; others may exist. FS Insurance Brokers does not imply, guarantee or warrant the safety of any of the client’s properties or operations or that the client or any such properties or operations are in compliance with all federal, provincial, or local laws, codes, statutes, ordinances, standards or recommendations.All decisions in connection with the implementation, if any, of any of FS Insurance Brokers’ advice or recommendations shall be the sole responsibility of, and made by, the client or other recipient of the information.