Junior Financial Analyst | Calgary, AB
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Minimum 40 hours per week
- FLSA Status
- Not Applicable
- Job Location
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Junior Financial Analyst has to be a strong team player, with working knowledge of accounting systems and procedures and excellent customer service skills. This role supports the financial analyst with preparation of all required accounting reports.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Organize and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs.
- Retrieve and organize data into required reporting formats.
- Research, identify, and communicate key variances relating to financial and operational metrics.
- Provide ad-hoc financial and operational analysis to support business decisions.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Support the Financial Analyst in all financial aspects of the Portfolio which includes Monthly Financial Statement preparation, Budget Input, Loan Calculation, Special Assessment Budget and Reconciliation.
- Coordinate with other members in the team in order to meet monthly cutoff procedures.
- Work with the assigned Community Managers to ensure that the financial information is accurate, assisting the Financial Analyst and CMs with any financial consultation service required by the Boards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Possesses a University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting/Finance.
- Two years of accounting/finance experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with a strong focus in Excel.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication, and team-oriented skills.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced, growth environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.