Financial Analyst | Calgary, AB
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Minimum 40 hours per week
- FLSA Status
- Not Applicable
- Job Location
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
We are seeking a dedicated, customer service driven detailed and analytical individual to join our growing accounting team! The Financial Analyst will a play a key role in supporting our client services department. This is a full time permanent position in our downtown Calgary location.
The Financial Analyst has to be a strong team player, who leverage extensive knowledge of accounting system and procedures, and compliance backgrounds to explore financial data and drive process and policy improvements. Day-to-day responsibilities for the Financial Analyst include:
- Perform complex accounting functions for a large portfolio of properties, which includes Monthly Financial Statement preparation, Budget Input, Loan Calculation, Special Assessment Budget and Reconciliation, annual WCB, quarterly/annual GST filing and YE T2/NPO returns, various investment account maintenance.
- Coordinate with other members on the team, and develop the effective communication of timely and accurate monthly cut-off procedures.
- Preparation of YE audits and posting of adjustments, liaise with external auditors as appropriate.
- Community Manager (CM) Liaison – working with the assigned CMs to ensure that the financial information is accurate, assisting CMs with any financial consultation service required by the Boards.
- Client Service – Address accounting inquiries from Board Members.
- Researches and analyzes financial data for internal and external clients; creates, organizes, and maintains files.
- Business degree or equivalent. Working towards an accounting designation is an asset.
- Ethical and accountable with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask to meet constant deadlines.
- Excellence in customer service, demonstrated ability to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and in a lead capacity as a team member; adapt to changing program needs.
- Although training is provided, knowledge of condominiums, property management or real estate would be considered a definite asset.
- Long term career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefit package
- A tremendous team environment
If you wish to make the Financial Analyst position your next career move, please submit your resume and cover letter along with your salary expectations to email@example.com or use the Apply Now button at the top.
FirstService Residential would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Only those applicants who are legally eligible to work in Canada can be considered at this time.
No agencies please.