Community Manager | Edmonton, AB
- Property Management
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Minimum 40 hours per week
- FLSA Status
- Not Applicable
- Job Location
Want to work with a team to support people in the place that matters most?
Making a Difference. Every Day.
Why are we successful? Because of the dedication, service commitment and customer-first attitude of our team members, the most dedicated condo management professionals in western Canada. While they come to us with a broad range of backgrounds and industry experience, they create one unified team with a passion for making a difference for the condominium corporations and residents we serve.
Our success in Alberta has only enhanced our drive for excellence. Every member of our team takes a client-focused, small-business approach to delivering the industry’s best condo and property management solutions to your community, along with friendly and attentive service to every Board member, homeowner and resident.
Alberta’s leading Condominium Management Company is expanding, creating an opening for a Licensed Community Manager to manage Condominium Corporations located in Edmonton.
The Community Manager will provide strong leadership and management direction on behalf of Board of Directors and FirstService Residential. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide excellent customer service to their entire portfolio while implementing and managing the mission and vision of the Board and community.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the property.
- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget limitations. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Provide financial support, review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices in a timely manner and review invoices and payments for accuracy.
- Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current laws. Manage the communication and compliance of SOP’s within teams, managers, as well as internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations.
- Must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office. Previous experience with accounting and property management software preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects; project management skills are a must.
- Valid Driver’s License, ability to travel around Edmonton, able to attend meetings during evenings and weekends in return for a flexible day schedule.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an active Alberta Real Estate License
To learn more visit our website at www.fsresidential.com. To apply email email@example.com.
We’d like to thank all applicants who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.